You believe in inner and outer beauty. You make enlightened decisions about your body and the world around you. That is why we vow to be honest with you about what we do and do not include in our Silky Polish. You deserve the pure ingredients and honesty right off the bat. The ingredients below are common in traditional nail polish! It is important to read ingredient lists and make informed decisions. Silky Polish aims to protect your inner and outer beauty - Silky Polish is 5-FREE, NON-TOXIC, HYPO-ALLERGENIC, PREGNANCY-SAFE, CHILDREN-SAFE and overall healthier. What's 5-free? It's polish that excludes the following harmful ingredients:
While nail polish cannot be made completely with organic and natural ingredients (soon though!), we've done our best to ensure the ingredients we do use are as safe as available with today's technologies. Here are the main ingredients we use:
- Ethyl Acetate - this is an organic compound with a sweet smell similar to that of pears. We use it as a solvent to make sure the rest of the ingredients mix and blend well.
- Butyl Acetate - this is also an organic compound that is used as a solvent. Butyl acetate has a sweet smell of bananas and is actually found in many types of fruit. It is used as a synthetic fruit flavoring in foods such as candy, ice cream, cheeses, and baked goods.
- Isopropyl Alcohol - you might be more familiar with this ingredient's home-name: rubbing alcohol! This is used as a solvent in our polish.
- Nitrocellulose - this is a durable film-forming ingredient to ensure the polish stays on your nails as long as possible! It is derived from cellulose which is an organic compound found in almost every green plant.
- Adipic Acid - this is an organic compound that is sometimes used in foods for flavor and gelling. In nature, it is found in mushrooms.
- Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate - this biodegradable compound ensures the polish stays on your nails as long as possible and is often also used as an indirect food additive.
- Triphenyl Phosphate - helps the polish harden and stay durable. It's also used as an indirect food additive.
- Stearalkonium Hectorite - helps the polish stay thick. You'll also find this in lipstick and eye makeup because it is safe to use.
- Diacetone Alcohol - produces a brilliant gloss and hard film. It is very safe to use an non-toxic.
- Citric Acid - an organic acid that is obtained from citrus fruits! Helps Silky Polishes stay strong!